Saturday, August 17, 2013

Zenutrients Smoothening Coffee Body Scrub (Kapeng Barako) and Purederm Exfoliating Foot Mask Review

Today I wanted to share my experience in using two of my new found products that actually works for me! Remember in my previous post, I mentioned that I wanted to have spa sessions? Unfortunately, due to conflicting schedules and time restrictions, my friend or my guy and I weren't able to do it. Before I went to Cebu for my bf's birthday, I took the liberty to try some of what I bought coz I wanted to prettify myself and have some alone time before I see him. I believe that aside from material things, seeing me well and healthy is one of my gifts to him. Of course, I do this not only for him but for me as well :)


Zenutrients Kapeng Barako Scrub/Smoothening Coffee Scrub (225php, 100g)

I call this baby my "Starbucks in a Cup"! Imagine walking in a Starbucks Cafe, take a lungful of air.. Yeah, that's what I really mean! The whole time that I was using it, I'm so happy I bought it.



See those grounded coffee bean on top? Smells AHMAAAZZINNGG! Sorry for all caps, I just love this product to death! Why? I'm a self-confessed coffee and tea lover! Even my candles have coffee scents in it. I just wish the scent is consistent though, it smells strong in the tub but once you used it, the scent kinda fades away. It also doesn't linger in your skin after you rinse it off. Can't wait to try the Almond variant! Comparing to Asian Secrets Lulur Scrub, this isn't as moisturizing. Will talk about it in a separate post.

EDIT: As much as I absolutely love this product, when I used the Honey Almond one, OMG, I so love the texture of it much better than the Coffee one as it can be a little bit abrasive on my skin because of the grounded coffee beans. I also experienced slight redness on my skin when I used this compared to the Almond one. I'm sure it's because the Almond one's beads are finer. I still love both though, I'm planning to buy the 300g size for 375php if I remember it correctly. I saw Zenutrients kiosk at SM Southmall and ta-dah, new soaps lol.


Purederm Exfoliating Foot Mask (189php)

I actually have no plans of writing about this coz I thought it didn't work at all when I used it. When I got this inside the SM Beauty Box, this is one of my least favorite. I also checked its price at Watsons and it costs 189php. I was like, wtf? Seriously for one pair of foot mask? BUT! Never judge a book by its cover! I never really thought I would love this product and that I didn't even bother to take a picture when I'm using it. It says on the packaging that peeling starts 3 to 4 days after use. It's my 5th day now and WHOAH, my feet are peeling crazily! The bottom part at least, I'm impressed that when I'm rubbing my soles together, callouses were falling off. It looks gross though haha.

Anyways, I love both of them and I'm seeing myself repurchasing soon. Coffee Scrub can be bought at Sesou, I got mine at their Alabang Town Center branch. The price of the foot mask might raise your eyebrows but seriously, try it. If you're on a budget, try using Salicylic Acid (the mask's main ingredient) though I'm not an expert so I won't risk it. Think about it, a regular manicure/pedicure costs 80-200php right? You got my point, try DIYs at home. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment