Monday, September 2, 2013

KINGS Fragrance Wafers (similar to tarts/wax cubes) & Pot Pourri Oil Review

Hey guys! After my not-so-good experience with KING's tea candles and their votive ones, I finally decided to try their tarts/wax cubes in Citrus Splash. Aside from the fact that their packaging is really an eye candy, a lot of them smells really good! I also got the Pot Pourri Oil in Tutti Frutti.

79.75php and 99.75php

The cold throw* of the tart is heaven for me, as I love citrus scents that doesn't give me a headache. Have you tried drinking Smart C in Grapefruit flavor? That is exactly how it smelled to me. You may also think of TANG Pomelo juice but Smart C is more accurate.

Now for the performance:


I burned my first cube and this is what I got after an hour or two. The throw* is very weak, or maybe because I melted it in the living room which has a bigger space than my bedroom. The cold throw is waaay stronger, I'm not that disappointed though coz I love scents that are not too overpowering. After an hour and a half, it started to smell funny, like being burned plain wax. I was like, okaaay? The wax didn't evaporated to the last drop so I decided to blow it off.



And of course I thought, if one cube lasted an hour or two, multiply by 9 cubes, it's actually a good deal for 79.75php! So inconsiderate of me to think that this baby is a disappointment. So I turned on my aircon, gave it a second chance and burned it in my room. Smells, AH-MAA-ZIINGG! I figured the scent would be better paired with cold environment/weather. It's also an 'okay' with room and warm temperature.



Melts easily, after 3 to 5 minutes the wax looked like this. After an hour, I decided to call it a day. I'm happy with it. Maybe the left over wax is really supposed to be like that after burning the oil, the scent will disappear and will leave the pure wax. I don't know, I'm new to this.

For the Pot Pourri Oil, it smelled like bubblegum according to my sister. The moment she said that, my heart sank coz I'm avoiding bubblegum scents a bit but I don't know why I picked this one up. I wish I got the Ginger or Lemon Grass scent instead. Smells good though, let's see how she burns.

Over all I'm satisfied with it save the left over wax. I'm a bit annoyed that I have to scrape it off when dried lol. Will I repurchase? Definitely! (As if I have any other options here in PH, haha)

*cold throw means the scent of the product itself while it's not yet burning
*throw is the scent while burning

Do you guys know where I can find good scents and candles as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment